Sunday, November 29, 2009

Snowball effect


No, its not snowing in Pune (but the weather's back to great after the cyclone stuff)... this is just my take on Warren Buffet's biography which I'm beginning to read. It is a big tome, and I've just begun... but I quite like what I've read so far.

I guess the subject himself is very fascinating for me- not because he is so wealthy, but because he is a combination of wealth, quirkiness and ... ordinariness in other ways.

I like the snowball example in the book- the idea of how a single snowflake(a metaphor for a decent idea) can be rolled down and down to make it an ever growing snowball that has such momentum! My take on this is you have an idea, find some momentum with people who believe in you and then never stop.

It may be the only time when going downhill is actually a good thing :)

0 comments: