Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Protecting our small joys


I must admit, on this first year anniversary of those vile terrorist attacks in Mumbai, that at this time last year- I'd questioned whether my blog was frivolous and not worth it. As someone who had stayed in the Taj, perhaps in those very rooms that had terrorists kill all those people ruthlessly, I could visualise the horrors more. Sometimes, it isn't very nice to have a good imagination.

But over a period of time, I realised that it was one of the best things I could do: in a short and unpredictable life, sometimes full of danger, we rarely count our small joys. So I decided to continue, and write.

Without sounding completely asinine, today, I want to salute all those people (whether they were recognized for it or not, whether they lost their lives or whether they survived, and whether they wanted to or were just answering the call of duty) when they were defending all of us. Whether they knew it or not, they were protecting all of us- and allowing us to have small joys for many more days.


Thank you!

0 comments: