Sunday, November 22, 2009

The irregular joy of surrender


In our lives, we are all trying to come with some quick fix solution to work as a band aid for whatever we want to accomplish. Very rarely do we come across a situation that is indeed fixed by this kind of a solution. The problem just keeps coming back to haunt you in myriad ways.

I'm looking for one such solution right now to one of life's really difficult problems (wont bore you here about it) but needless to say, band-aid solutions have been tried and haven't worked. While I don't have a true blue solution today, I thank God for making all the other solutions fail, because I think I need to be of a different heart before I get it.

It is more than being "creative", a true solution can only be successful if all the others in the mix are also satisfied in their hearts that it will work for them- not just for you! So I have surrendered- in this moment- to God- and await an answer that will work.

And as I surrender, I feel a strange calm. I don't think it can be called a regular joy, but it is a worthy one. So I record it, and I wait.

0 comments: