Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Inward Eye


For the past three years, I've been using the month of December to really understand how I want to spend the next year. Instead of trying to focus only on outward things, or long term wishes, I've tried to make any resolution as "inward" and "small" as possible.

I don't mean this in a spiritual sense. What I'm really saying is that all of us have grand dreams and visions for our futures and while that is fantastic and needed, very few of us really try to enjoy the smaller things and the feelings that the journey of life brings. It just brings a different dimension to the whole world of goal setting and planning( for e.g.: how can I have more fun with my kids this year?)

It's that time of the year again, then. I'm choosing the path that gives me small joys, and big ones too from time to time. I think it is totally worth the investment. I recommend it to all.

0 comments: