Sunday, December 27, 2009

All is Well

I watched 3 idiots with trepidition, but I must say- All is well. All is well, indeed, in the hearts and souls of people like Aamir Khan and Raju Hirani. These are the guys who can make a difference, and with films like these, they are.

I'd read these reviews- written by critics who know how to cut through screenplays, acting, directing, editing, dubbing- and really wondered whether a trip to the theater was worth the three hours. I'm glad I didn't listen to my doubting head.

Sure, each film has flaws, but after reading some of the reviews, it felt that this was going to be a complete waste of time. But sometimes, you have to trust your gut and go for the experience. And not listen to critics who understand many things and yet miss out on the most important one: What is the film communicating? Will it make a difference in my life?

And more importantly, does the film communicate in a non- boring, non preachy manner? It's easy to find out a million things that are wrong. But eventually, if the film does the main thing right- it succeeds.

All is well indeed.

1 comments:

Cynics Twist said...

The film leaves you feeling very positive, especially as it seems to confirm some of the choices we have made in life. About doing things we love :)