Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Breathe


I tried this in the morning. I was having a restless night(too much thinking about work!)and I needed an energy boost.

It was about 5.30 in the morning- the time when you desperately try to fall back to sleep but you cant if your brain is in overdrive. Then I remembered this guy's podcast. I'd listened to this before- but I did it when it counted. http://www.chopra.com/agnilight/sep09/podcast .

If you can't hear the podcast, well, what you do is breathe in while counting to four. Hold your breath while counting to four again. Then, count to four as you release your breath. Hold (dont inhale) for another four counts.

Instead of trying to go back to sleep, I did this simple breathing exercise (somewhat like pranayam) and it helped me relax and rest. When I got out of bed, it was as if I'd had a normal night's sleep. Worth it!

1 comments:

Stanley said...

Hi nice reeading your post