Sunday, August 1, 2010

Once Upon a Time There was a Story

I'd seen my fill of disappointing films for the year. Shrek 3 and Iron Man2 disappointed. I didn't dare watch Kites or I Hate Luv stories.

Then I saw some posters I was really intrigued with, for a movie with a rather long title (Once upon a Time in Mumbaai). I tried my luck once again. Glad I did.

The film was a surprise and a delight. A very good script makes for powerful viewing. Yes, everyone's acted well, and the 70's era in Mumbai looks well shot; but the heart of the film is a wonderfully written script and dialogues(sure, some were corny, but I thought that was a nice touch within the film)

A good script prevents hamming and allows integrity to remain in a film. Watch the film and I'm sure you'll agree with me.

0 comments: