Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bara Gavche Paani

I didn't really know what to expect.

I could guess what my old school mate Vikram Sathaye will make me do: laugh out loud uncontrollably. I've met Sunandan Lele, the veteran journalist, before, and knew that he has a rare sense of humor- he could get me and the others in Balgandharva Rangamandir to smile at his memories as well.

But what I didn't expect was for Harsha Bhogle to speak so well, in Marathi, and with a lovely Hyderabadi lilt that made the most khadoos Punekar warm up to him. There was so much to learn from what he said. Like how Sachin Tendulkar believes that bats talk to him. Like how Geoff Boycott doesn't spare his fellow commentators. Like...

These guys have made a career out of something that requires so much of ego bashing- and have had so much fun! I'd recommend you to catch this show if they ever do this again.

Their wonderful journeys still remain with me- with pit stops at Sir Viv's house, exclusive coverage of India winning (not seen on TV) and Frank Worrell's epitaph.
And just when things got a bit mushy, Vikram's imitation of Karunanidhi ensured a stitch in the side and made the old blood pressure go down a notch.

Hope you cover more places, guys, have more fun if possible- and keep us in the loop!

0 comments: