Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oh Captain my Captain

Sourav Ganguly will always, forever, remain to me as India's captain. He's just made me sad by announcing his retirement, but paradoxically, I'm happy to see him go on his own terms. He's brought joy to my life by his off side play, and ecstacy and pride when he took off his shirt after we won that Famous Natwest Final.

He will undoubtedly be followed by the others, but for now, let's just celebrate the Prince for who he is. He's going to play a few more tests, he will still wear his heart on his sleeve, he'll still irritate the opposing team, and ensure that he stays in our souls.

He'll still run in to bowl like he was really fast, he'll still run his runs harder than his partners(without possibly realising it) and despite all of his obvious failings, he'll still captivate thousands like me for a few more days.

I guess you can feel happy and sad at the same time!

0 comments: