Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The Scientific Method


One day,
The Scientist and the Philosopher
met at a bar
(if you think this is a joke,
you're going too far)

The topic at hand was not Atheism or God
Nor was it about religion
It was, quite surprisingly,
their failure with money and women

I believe in the Scientific method,
said the Philosopher bitterly
but look where its got me
he said accusingly
I'm stuck in my head
sleep alone in my bed
All my deep ideas
remain pleas
for someone to notice me
and that happens very infrequently..

I believe in the Joy of Discovery,
said the Scientist
and I'm sure you'll get the gist
when I report that
he told the other guy
his pending patent
had made someone else richer
and gave him a nice ulcer.

Just then the barkeep came to them
what'll it be then
"Gin for his depression
and rum for my frustration"
said the Science man
"and keep separate tabs"
said the mournful Philosopher
Just as his sad eyes spotted her

Across the room
"The witch forgot her broom"
said he
TheScientist who had
also been rejected by her
nodded sagely

As they downed their joint account
of depression and frustration,
the Philosopher said
"I'm getting out of here
Take a contemplative walk
In the city"

The Scientist waited till he left
Got out his notes from his phone
studied them for a while
made a new entry: Attempt 7
as he carried out his new experiment
to get to heaven.

He approached her, with a non stalker smile
said its been quite a while
that you last rejected me
after which
I've got half a promotion
and a citation
for my almost exemplary work
will that work
for you to have a drink with me?

Results of the latest experiment
are still awaited
Although early signs seem promising
She had a drink and let him sing
his song of courtship to her
and had left the bar with him..

0 comments: