Monday, January 12, 2009

True Professional

If I have been writing lesser on this blog of mine, you have to blame my writing coach Bonnie Granat for it. As far as I am concerned, she is the single biggest reason why the book that I have written is seeing the light of day and has been accepted for publication. So let me tell you a little bit about my experience with her.

Bonnie came into my life and my book when I desperately needed someone to coach me and help critique my work. She has given me insights that not only helped me make my understanding of my own book better, but also helped me write the book in such a fashion that will connect with readers in the most compelling fashion. Bonnie calls it restructuring and redesign, I call it my saving grace!

Not only did she work her magic on my book, she has also been a very fair person when she was going to charge me. I think that she understood my situation( I earn in rupees and have to spend on her services in dollars) and she tried her level best to help me get maximum value from her services. I really appreciated that, as well as her general bonhomie and sense of humor. She has been a true pleasure to work with. As a well wisher and friend, I did wish she got some sleep at times, but her response time was fantastic. I'd like to think that it was due to pure passion for her work.

She does all kinds of writing and editing work, by the way. You can know more about her at http://www.granatedit.com/ . I recommend her to anyone who is serious about writing, be it books or website content.

Bonnie, it has been a pleasure. May you never lose your passion and may your tribe increase!

0 comments: