Friday, January 30, 2009

Help at Hand

At a traffic signal, today, I was helped out by a couple of good samaritans, who told me that my car's boot was open, and needed to be closed- and then closed it for me! One guy told me, and the other guy(who was watching the guy who was telling me) kindly closed it down for me. Both guys were extremely polite- and they didnt even know each other, let alone me. It was also a hot time of the day- snarling traffic, shimmering heat, and pollution. It was all done very quickly and efficiently.

I felt damn good about this whole incident. It was kindness, awareness and plain good intentions at work. I wish I inculcate some of these qualities, especially when I'm stressed out and feeling that I have a lot to achieve for the day.

I remembered the old chestnut- its very nice to be important, but its more important to be nice. Truer words weren't spoken.

0 comments: