Thursday, March 21, 2019

Poem for poets who wrote a poem on #poetryday


Good lord,
We have a poetry day too
And if my dog made some poo..

We'll toast that moment hard
I'm sure you have a clue
where I'm going with this?
I'd give this day a miss
( with apologies to all
who wrote good stuff today:
this is still a diss)

Relax, sir. Relax, Ma'am.
Just a meaningless rant
on the strange creation
of super meaningful days
that could wither away with
a deep gaze
At them, but still

We simply need the memes
Need that gate-pass
Need that permission slip
Can't celebrate life
without themes.

And here I am,
as I contribute to the banal
As if I'd rather have a root canal
(now that's trite, but just out of spite)
Smirking from my pulpit
at the monkey tribe below
not knowing
that the tribe below
is the schizophrenic version
of my own reflection.
Happy Poetry day, then, everyone.

0 comments: