Saturday, February 23, 2019

Sobriety


Morning:

It was a meek, milky
blue sky
calling out
to say hi.

Hmm. So so long,
its been
that I saw a streak of white
race across my sight

It was passing jet fuel
posing as cloud
Look at me,
it screamed aloud

I'm going, I'm going
and you ain't with me
I figured that
It must've been some big journey
that a past self had been on
Well, the jet's gone and so has that man.

Noon:

Thought to myself
If it was a Jet
and I didn't see it
Maybe the sky was better
without it?

Sour Grapes always taste better
when they aren't w(h)ine.
Jets without traces
Leave no trace of crime

Evening:

The thought moved me and my day
along with it
till it became quiet night
I looked up for my next no- surprise.

(The city's bright glow
tends to overflow
and filters out factors
like stars and other non-actors)

Night:

Dust settled,the stars came on
with feeble might
wasn't even a fight
with attractive streets
and other pretty sights

But memory took over
and maybe closer
to things still sore.
Of course, it felt much more
As i replaced the sky I was seeing
With the sky I'd seen before

Mesmerised, I wondered
If this is what it is to be sober
Then I'd go beyond October(!)
and look at newer things
with older eyes
and older things
with younger guise.
to be (hopefully) continued...

0 comments: